- Die deutschen Maler-Radierer des neunzehnten Jahrhunderts (German painters and engravers of the 19th century) by Andreas Andresen & Josef Eduard Wessely (Rudolph Weigel, 1866). German text.
- French engravers of the eighteenth century by A. Younger (London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton Kent, 1913).
- French engravers and draughtsmen of the 18th century by E. F. S. Dilke (London: Bell, 1902). Illustrated.
- Les graveurs du dix-huitième siècle (Engravers of the 18th century) by Roger Portalis & Henri Béraldi (Paris D. Morgand et C. Fatout, 1880). French text:
Specific art topics
- British Marine Painting by C. G. Holme, Ed (London ;Paris; New York: The Studio, 1919). Illustrated.
- China painting by W.H. Miller (Anglo- French Art Co., 1912). Encyclopedia of methods of decorating and firing porcelain.
- The development of British landscape painting in water-colours by Charles Home (Ed.) (London, “The Studio”, 1918). Illustrated.
- The earlier English water-colour painters by W. C. Monkhouse (London, Seeley, 1897). Illustrated.
- Early English water-colour drawings by great masters by Geoffrey Holme (Ed.) (The Studio, London, 1919).Illustrated.
- The English pre-Raphaelite painters, their associates and successors by Percy H. Bate (London: G. Bell & Sons, 1905). B/w illustrations.
- Famous Paintings: Volume 1, Volume 2 (Cassell, 1891). Many high-quality colour plates of paintings by artists of all nationalities.
- The French pastellists of the eighteenth century by Haldane Macfall (London: Macmillan, 1909).
- A history of the “Old water-colour” society, now the Royal society of painters in water colours: Volume 1, Volume 2 by John Lewis Roget (London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1891).
- The ideals of painting by J. Comyns Carr (New York, Macmillan, 1917). An Art history focusing on the ideals that inspired European artists throughout the ages.
- Landscape painting and modern Dutch artists by E. B. Greenshields (New York Baker and Taylor, 1906)
- Modern British water-colour drawings by Alfred Lys Baldrey (London, The Studio, 1900).
- The Norwich School by Geoffrey Holme (Ed.) (The Studio Ltd., 1920). About the artists of the English Norwich School.
- Shakespeare in pictorial art by M. C. Salaman (The Studio Ltd., 1916). Illustrated.
La collaboration artistique suit avec l’exposition de mes œuvres au Seattle Art Fair au États Unis